New Town Hall
New Town Hall, Karlovo nám. 23, Prague 2 ( > OPEN IN P2 E-MAPS )
Director: Mgr. Jaroslav Koubek - entrusted with the power of director
tel.: 224 947 131, 224 947 190
tel. and fax: 224 948 229,
The New Town Hall was established by the Borough of Prague 2 on 1 January 2007, as an organisation that it subsidises in part.
The NTH Tower will be open to the public from 1 May through 30 September every day except for Mondays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
RULES FOR VISITORS
NEW TOWN HALL TOWER
I. Opening Hours and Ticket Sales
Between 1 May and 30 September open daily except for Mondays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Ticket sales close 30 minutes before the end of opening hours.
The building owner reserves the right to close ticket sales earlier, should the building become too crowded or for any other serious reason.
The admission fee is paid in advance and amounts to CZK 20 per person. Each ticket is good for one visit to the tower. Visitors are obliged to retain their tickets throughout their stay in the facility and present it upon request. No refunds are made for purchased tickets.
A 50% discount is provided to
- Disabled people
- Primary school students, vocational students, university students upon the presentation of a student card, and foreign students under 26 years of age
- Soldiers serving their compulsory military service, up to the rank of sergeant
- Employees of Heritage Care and the Section of the Head Architect of the City (document)
- Journalists (document)
II. Tour of the Heritage Building
Tours of the tower are unguided.
Other premises of the New Town Hall are not normally open to the public.
No lift is available.
From the third floor on, the climb to the tower goes via a staircase and levels equipped with railings, which are a part of a historical monument and therefore do not comply with the normative safety standard. Visitors who decide to proceed in climbing to the observation deck accept liability for all of their actions and the risks related thereto. They are obliged to climb and descend the stairs slowly, hold onto the railings, and treat other visitors with respect.
III. Protection of the Monument
Access to the building shall not be permitted to
- Persons suspected of being drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Soiled persons
- Youth under 15 years of age not accompanied by an adult responsible for them
- Persons with dogs or other animals
The following shall be prohibited during a visit to the building
- Damaging or in any way threatening the building and its furnishings
- Touching anything except for the railing
- Writing or drawing/painting on the walls
- Causing a disturbance by noise
- Eating and drinking
- Smoking and handling an open flame
- Ascending with baggage (bags can be left at the cash desk)
For safety reasons, group climbs shall only be permitted to groups of up to 10 persons.
By purchasing a ticket, a visitor concludes a contractual relationship and hence accepts the Rules for Visitors. Should he breach them, the authorised staff may request that he leave the building.
If a visitor is not satisfied with the services that have been provided to him, he can make a claim with the cashier in the building. The cashier shall resolve the claim immediately or make a record, which he will forward to the Director of the New Town Hall once his shift is over. A claim must be dealt with within 30 days. If a visitor is not satisfied with that solution, he can turn to the Director of New Town Hall, who will resolve the case within 30 days of having received it.
Address where written claims may be made:
New Town Hall (Novoměstská radnice, příspěvková organizace)
Karlovo nám. 1/23
120 00 Prague 2
These Rules for Visitors shall take effect on 1 May 2007.
Prague, 12 March 2007
Bc. Gabriela Kolářová
director of the New Town Hall